Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Cool Little Program: Get the Vista Look Without The Price Tag




Vista Look without the Vista Price

My geek brother sent me this cool little program that transform your Windows XP desktop to Vista, icons and all. Of course it's not Vista but if you want the look of Vista without the headache of Vista, check this out. Luis will write more on this in the future of this nice little eye candy application(don't know when he will post on this, getting him to post is like pulling teeth...LOL).

note:it will not give you that aero glass look or have the search bar but it's still kinda cool.

Leo Laporte: The Tech Guy episode 363
One thing I really enjoy about Leo's The Tech Guy is not just the callers but the very beginning of the show and the news that he shares. His views, how he makes his talk show lively and fun to listen to every Saturday and Sunday. This episodes he mentions Google Gears, how Yahoo is running far behind when it comes to Google. Whenever I listen to the Tech Guy it takes me back to when technology was really hitting it's stride. And now Leo has guest on his show like, The GizWiz himself, Mr. Dick DeBartolo from Mad Magazine. one little gadget he talk about on The Daily Giz Wiz
episode #336 was the Wind Chime Alarm Clock. Dick reminds me of my grandmother (who I truly have to thank because whether she realized it or not, she was my true geek/gadget hero) I think this little clock would be cool to wake up to every morning.

Useful (or Useless)Tech Tip:

Spice up your podcast listening by mixing podcast with some of your favorite music tracks. I have a couple of playlist I have made where I have a one podcast and two music tracks to follow and then I repeat the process. Try it, it makes the day go by quick.

No comments: